- Google Sites Classic Site Created
- Domain Verification through Webmaster Tools
Your Google Sites Page will have a domain such as www.mysite.com but when the domain is inputted
as mysite.com it will go nowhere. In order to fix this, we will have to redirect the Naked URL (mysite.com
without the www in front.)
In order to do this follow the examples below. In this case, we will be using GoDaddy in the example.
Verify the domain name with DNS TXT Record provided by Webmaster Tools
DNS A Record to 220.127.116.11
DNS CNAME Record to ghs.googlehosted.com
Note: This is just one method. If your Registrar (where you purchased your domain) allows your to redirect
your URL you may also do that as well. There are many methods to do so.
- Log into your Registrar Account
- Find you Domain and Edit Zone Files (Click Image to Enlarge)
- You will see a screen similar to this (Click Image to Enlarge)
- Find the A Record (Click Image to Enlarge)
- Change the IP Address Record to 18.104.22.168 (Click Image to Enlarge) Source
- Check to make sure your CNAME Record "www" is pointing to ghs.googlehosted.com and Save. (Click Image to Enlarge)
- Changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect. Usually happens within one hour.